- The type of information about you BusinessFAB® Media collects through the Site;
- How BusinessFAB® Media collects that information;
- How BusinessFAB® Media uses that information;
- Who will have access to that information; and
- BusinessFAB® Media’s security measures for protecting that information.
As used herein, the term “personal information” means information (including personally identifiable information) that would allow someone to specifically identify you or contact you physically or online (e.g., your name, physical address, telephone number, email address); and the term “non-personal information” means any information other than personal information that BusinessFAB® Media may collect from you.
1. CATEGORIES OF INFORMATION COLLECTED.
BusinessFAB® Media may collect personal and non-personal information about you through the Site or through social media platforms which connect to the Site or its affiliates accessed and used by BusinessFAB® Media. The categories of such information might include, for example:
- Your name (first, last and/or middle);
- Your contact information (e.g., mailing address, email address, telephone number, facsimile number, company, job title);
- Your login information for the Site (e.g., username, password, security questions and answers);
- Your company name and/or title;
- Your profession;
- Your gender;
- Your electronic signature;
- Photographic or video image to the extent provided by you to BusinessFAB® Media;
- Any information you submit to or through the Site or social media platforms connected to the site, including the results of any questionnaires, surveys, or information requests;
- Billing, payment or shipping information (e.g., payor or payee name, checking account number, credit card number, expiration date, verification code, accountholder name, cardholder name, billing address, mailing address, tax ID number, billing history) though we intend to utilize our payment process (see “TRANSACTIONS.” below in order to not collect this information;
- Your transactional information (e.g., offers, orders, pricing, payments, purchases, shipping terms, comments, ratings, feedback, and communications made on, through, or with respect to the Site);
- Your unique identifiers (e.g., username, pseudonym, Twitter handle);
- Your computer, mobile device and/or browser information (e.g., IP address, mobile device ID information, operating system, connection speed, bandwidth, browser type, referring/exit web pages, web page requests, cookie information, hardware attributes, software attributes);
- Information about, and/or information found on, your pages and accounts with third-party websites, networks, platforms, servers and applications (e.g., Facebook, Google Plus, LinkedIn);
- Usage activity concerning your interactions with the Site and/or third-party websites, networks, platforms, servers or applications accessed on or through the Site (e.g., how you accessed the Site, where you go when you leave the Site, number of clicks on a page or feature, amount of time spent on the Site or a page or feature, and identity of third-party websites, networks, platforms, servers and applications accessed through the Site);
- Usage activity concerning videos, articles, and other content provided to or accessed by you on or through the Site (e.g., viewing habits, viewing preferences, viewing history, title selections, favorites, streams, downloads);
- Information concerning the type of content that you access or might prefer to access on the Site;
- Usage activity concerning communications with other users (e.g., interactions on online forums, chat rooms, and bulletin boards);
- Information about third parties that you refer to BusinessFAB® Media (e.g., name, contact information, relationship);
- Information set forth in the Site’s online account registration, subscriber profile, and/or subscriber directory forms completed by you;
- Information set forth in your course participant or member account and profile with the Site;
- Statements or content (e.g., comments, videos, photographs, images), and information about such statements or content, which you submit or publish on or through the Site, or which are accessed via your public or linked social media pages (e.g., Facebook, Google Plus, LinkedIn); and
- Your answers to any questionnaires submitted on, through, or in relation to the Site.
2. HOW INFORMATION IS COLLECTED.
BusinessFAB® Media might collect personal and non-personal information from you when you visit, access, register with, or use the Site or any of its content, educational materials or services; when you request, register for, order or purchase any content, educational materials or services on, through or in relation to the Site; when you “sign in,” “log in” or the like to the Site, even if through third-party online social media sites or accounts (e.g., LinkedIn, Facebook, Google Plus); when you allow the Site to access, upload, download, import or export content found on or through, or to otherwise interact with, your computer or mobile device (or any other device you may use to visit, access, register with or use the Site) or online accounts with third-party websites, networks, platforms, servers or applications (e.g., your online social media accounts, your cloud drives and servers, your mobile device service provider); or whenever BusinessFAB® Media asks you for such information, such as, for example, when you process a payment through the Site, or when you answer an online survey or questionnaire or request materials such as reports or articles from BusinessFAB® Media including requests made through social media platforms.
In addition, if you or a third party sends BusinessFAB® Media a comment, message or other communication (such as, by way of example only, email, instant message, letter, fax, phone call, or voice message) about or referencing you or your activities in relation to the Site, then BusinessFAB® Media may collect any personal or non-personal information provided therein or therewith.
BusinessFAB® Media might also use various tracking, data aggregation and/or data analysis technologies, including, for example, the following:
- Cookies, which are small data files (e.g., text files) stored on the browser or device you use to view a website or message. They may help store user preferences and activity, and may allow a website to recognize a particular browser or device. There are several types of cookies, including, for example, browser cookies, session cookies, and persistent cookies. Cookies may record information you access on one page of a website to simplify subsequent interaction with that website, or to help streamline your transactions on related pages of that website. Most major browsers are set up so that they will initially accept cookies, but you might be able to adjust your browser’s or device’s preferences to issue you an alert when a cookie is downloaded, or to block, reject, disable, delete or manage the use of some or all cookies on your browser or device. For further information about cookies, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
- Flash cookies, which are cookies written using Adobe Flash, and which may be permanently stored on your device. Like regular cookies, Flash cookies may help store user preferences and activity, and may allow a website to recognize a particular browser or device. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings that are used for regular cookies.
- Web beacons, which are pieces of code embedded in a website or email to monitor your activity on the website or your opening of the email, and which can pass along information such as the IP address of the computer or device you use to view the website or open the email, the URL page on which the web beacon is located, the type of browser that was used to access the website, and previously set cookie values. Web beacons are sometimes used to collect advertising data, such as counting page views, promotion views or advertising responses. Disabling your computer’s, device’s or browser’s cookies may prevent some web beacons from tracking or recording certain information about your activities.
- Scripts, which are pieces of code embedded in a website to define how the website behaves in response to certain key or click requests sent by the user. Scripts are sometimes used to collect information about the user’s interactions with the website, such as the links the user clicks on. Scripts are often times temporarily downloaded to the user’s computer or device from the website server, active only while the user is connected to the Site, and deactivated or deleted when the user disconnects from the Site.
- Analytic tools and services, which are sometimes offered by third parties, and which track, measure and/or generate information about a website’s or program’s traffic, sales, audience and similar information, and which may be used for various reasons, such as, for example, statistical research, marketing research, content ratings research, and conversion tracking. Google Analytics and Alexa are common examples of these types of technologies. BusinessFAB® Media may also use other third-party analytic tools and services.
- Other third-party data tracking or analytic technologies (e.g., deep linking, eTags, device fingerprinting or cross-device tracking).
Please be advised that if you choose to block, reject, disable, delete or change the management settings for any or all of the aforementioned technologies and/or other tracking, data aggregation and data analysis technologies, then certain areas of the Site might not function properly.
By visiting, accessing, registering with or using the Site, you acknowledge and agree in each instance that you are giving BusinessFAB® Media permission to monitor or otherwise track your activities on the Site, and that BusinessFAB® Media may use the aforementioned technologies and/or other tracking, data aggregation and data analysis technologies.
3. USE OF INFORMATION COLLECTED.
BusinessFAB® Media may use the personal and/or non-personal information it collects from you through the Site in a variety of ways. Examples of those uses might include, for example:
- Place, fulfill, process and/or track your requests;
- Facilitate and maintain your access of, registration with and use of the Site and/or its content and services;
- Facilitate and maintain your movement throughout the Site;
- Facilitate and maintain your accounts and profiles with the Site;
- Provide customer service;
- Operate the Site and its products and services;
- Provide administrative services relating to the Site;
- Administer our or our affiliates’ contests, tournaments, promotions, surveys, or similar activities;
- Send you communications like, for example, administrative emails, answers to your questions and updates about the Site or new content available through the Site;
- Allow you to communicate with others through the Site, for example, participants in an educational course;
- Provide you with information about BusinessFAB® Media, its parents, its subsidiaries, its affiliates and/or their respective businesses, products and services by letter, email, text message, telephone, or other forms of communications;
- Provide you with information about third-party businesses, products and/or services by letter, email, text message, telephone, or other forms of communication;
- Provide you with customized content, services, and user experiences, including advertising and promotional information (e.g., targeted ads, retargeted ads), recommendations for content you might like, and cross-app or cross-site functionality across multiple third-party websites and mobile applications;
- Improve the Site and/or its content, products, and services;
- Improve the content, services, marketing and/or promotional efforts of BusinessFAB® Media, its parents, its subsidiaries and/or its affiliates;
- Create new content, services, marketing and/or promotions for BusinessFAB® Media, its parents, its subsidiaries and/or its affiliates;
- Market the businesses, products and/or services of BusinessFAB® Media, its parents, its subsidiaries and/or its affiliates;
- Help personalize user experiences with the Site and/or its products and services;
- Analyze traffic to and through the Site;
- Analyze user behavior and activity on or through the Site;
- Conduct research and measurement activities for purposes of product and service research and development, advertising claim substantiation, market research and other activities related to BusinessFAB® Media, its parents, its subsidiaries, its affiliates, the Site, and/or its features, products and services;
- Monitor the activities of you and others on or through the Site;
- Create user profiles, which may combine your personal or non-personal information from the Site with your personal or non-personal information from another source or service;
- Protect or enforce BusinessFAB® Media’s rights and properties; and/or
- Protect or enforce the rights and properties of others (which may include you), assuming that BusinessFAB® Media believes it has an obligation to do so.
- BusinessFAB® Media reserves the right to use your personal and non-personal information when:
- Required by applicable law, court order or other governmental authority (including, without limitation and by way of example only, in response to a subpoena or other legal process); and/or
- BusinessFAB® Media believes in good faith that such use is otherwise necessary or advisable (including, without limitation and by way of example only, to investigate, prevent, or take legal action against someone who may be causing injury to, interfering with, or threatening the rights, obligations or properties of BusinessFAB® Media, a user of the Site and/or the App (which may include you) or anyone else who may be harmed by such activities or to further BusinessFAB® Media’s legitimate business interests).
4. A SPECIAL NOTE ABOUT MINORS.
The Site is a general audience website which provides information related to professional and business activities and is intended for use by adults. The Site is not designed or intended to attract, and is not directed to, children under eighteen (18) years of age, let alone children under thirteen (13) years of age. BusinessFAB® Media does not collect personal information through the Site from any person it actually knows to be under thirteen (13) years of age. If BusinessFAB® Media obtains actual knowledge that it has collected personal information through the Site from a person under thirteen (13) years of age, then it will use reasonable efforts to refrain from further using such personal information or maintaining it in retrievable form.
Furthermore, if you are under eighteen (18) years of age, then you (or your parent or legal guardian) may at any time request that BusinessFAB® Media remove content or information about you that is posted on the Site. Please submit any such request (“Request for Removal of Minor Information”) to firstname.lastname@example.org, with a subject line of “Removal of Minor Information.”
For each Request for Removal of Minor Information, please state “Removal of Minor Information” in the email or letter subject line, and clearly state the following in the body:
a. The nature of your request;
b. The identity of the content or information to be removed;
c. The location of content or information on the Site (e.g., providing the URL for the specific web page the content or information is found on);
d. That the request is related to the “Removal of Minor Information;”
e. Your name, street address, city, state, zip code and email address; and
f. Whether you prefer to receive a response to your request by mail or email.
BusinessFAB® Media is not responsible for failing to comply with any Request for Removal of Minor Information that is incomplete, incorrectly labeled or incorrectly sent.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THE AFOREMENTIONED REMOVAL DOES NOT ENSURE COMPLETE OR COMPREHENSIVE REMOVAL OF SUCH CONTENT OR INFORMATION POSTED ON THE SITE.
Also, please note that BusinessFAB® Media is not required to erase or otherwise eliminate, or to enable erasure or elimination of, such content or information in certain circumstances, such as, for example, when an international, federal, state, or local law, rule or regulation requires BusinessFAB® Media to maintain the content or information; when the content or information is stored on or posted to the Site by a third party other than you (including any content or information posted by you that was stored, republished or reposted by the third party); when BusinessFAB® Media anonymizes the content or information, so that you cannot be individually identified; when you do not follow the aforementioned instructions for requesting the removal of the content or information; and when you have received compensation or other consideration for providing the content or information.
The foregoing is a description of BusinessFAB® Media’s voluntary practices concerning the collection of personal information through the Site and/or the App from certain minors, and is not intended to be an admission that BusinessFAB® Media is subject to the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act, the Federal Trade Commission’s Children’s Online Privacy Protection Rule(s), or any similar international, federal, state, or local laws, rules, or regulations.
5. DISCLAIMER OF CCPA APPLICABILITY.
BusinessFAB® Media is not subject to regulation under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (the “CCPA”). Therefore, even if you are a California resident and BusinessFAB® Media may have personal information about you that is the type of information that is subject to the CCPA, the CCPA is not applicable to BusinessFAB® Media or to BusinessFAB® Media’s relationship with you.
6. SHARING OF INFORMATION COLLECTED.
BusinessFAB® Media reserves the right, but not the obligation, to share your personal information with the following:
- BusinessFAB® Media’s employees, agents, and administrators;
- BusinessFAB® Media’s accountants, financial advisors, and legal advisors;
- BusinessFAB® Media’s parents, subsidiaries, and affiliates;
- Service providers and other third parties who help BusinessFAB® Media provide, manage, administer, maintain, monitor, distribute, operate, or facilitate the Site, who help BusinessFAB® Media develop, market or provide its products and services, or who help further BusinessFAB® Media’s business efforts, e.g., web hosting companies, website administrators, mobile app distribution platforms, support services companies, data analytics and analysis companies, advertising partners, and payment processing vendors, as needed in order for them to perform such services;
- Law enforcement or other governmental entities in response to what BusinessFAB® Media believes to be an allegation or suspicion of illegal activity, a request relating to a civil or criminal investigation, an allegation or suspicion of illegal activity, a subpoena, a court order, or any other activity that may expose BusinessFAB® Media to liability if it does not act or comply;
- Any third parties who BusinessFAB® Media believes are necessary to help or allow BusinessFAB® Media to protect and enforce its rights and properties, including, without limitation, to enforce its rights under BusinessFAB® Media’s TERMS AND CONDITIONS or any other agreements it has with you, and to protect and enforce its intellectual property rights; and/or
- Any third parties who BusinessFAB® Media believes are necessary to help or allow BusinessFAB® Media to protect the rights and properties of others (which may include you), assuming that BusinessFAB® Media believes it has an obligation to do so.
BusinessFAB® Media also reserves the right to share your personal information with third parties in connection with or as a result of any potential or actual merger, acquisition or other event involving a change in ownership or control of BusinessFAB® Media or BusinessFAB® Media’s business (whether by sale of assets, merger, stock purchase or otherwise).
BusinessFAB® Media does not limit the ways in which it might use or share non-personal information – and BusinessFAB® Media reserves the unencumbered right, but not the obligation, to use or share non-personal information – because non-personal information does not identify you. For example, BusinessFAB® Media may freely share non-personal information with its parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, its vendors, its suppliers, its representatives and its customers, as well as with other individuals, businesses and government entities.
You may choose to share certain information and/or follow other users on the Site. You may choose to share your contact information with other users or provide it publicly.
7. DATA RETENTION.
BusinessFAB® Media may retain your personal information and non-personal information for as long as it believes necessary; as long as necessary to comply with its legal obligations, resolve disputes, and/or enforce its agreements; and/or as long as needed to provide you with the content, educational materials and/or services of the Site and/or BusinessFAB® Media. BusinessFAB® Media may dispose of our delete any such personal information or non-personal information at any time, except as set forth in any other agreement or document executed by BusinessFAB® Media or as required by law. Notwithstanding the foregoing and for the avoidance of doubt, BusinessFAB® Media may not retain your personal information and non-personal information for any period of time longer than is permitted by applicable law (including, without limitation, in consideration of any restrictions or requirements to destroy personal and/or non-personal information after a reasonable period following the time that any such information is no longer needed for a business purpose under the SHIELD Act or any other applicable federal or state law).
In connection with any transaction that you conduct through the Site (e.g., the payment of any subscription fees, the purchase of any content, educational materials or courses on or through the Site), you may be asked to supply certain information relevant to the transaction, including, without limitation, your credit card number and expiration date, your billing address, your shipping address, your phone number and/or your email address. By submitting such information, you grant BusinessFAB® Media, without charge, the irrevocable, unencumbered, universe-wide and perpetual right to provide such information to third parties (e.g., payment processing companies, buyers on the Site, sellers on the Site) for the purpose of facilitating the transaction.
9. THIRD PARTY APPLICATIONS AND NETWORKS.
The Site and/or any communications sent through or as a function of the Site might contain links to third-party websites, networks, platforms, servers and/or applications. Third-party websites, networks, platforms, servers and/or applications might also contain links to the Site.
In addition, you might have the opportunity to access the Site using your online user accounts with certain third-party websites, networks, platforms, servers or applications, which might be subject to separate privacy policies pertaining to those third-party websites, networks, platforms, servers or applications. BusinessFAB® Media might also collect information from those third-party websites, networks, platforms, servers or applications (such as, for example, your name, gender, date of birth and personal interests, when you “like” or click links provided by or through those third-party websites, networks, platforms, servers, or applications and other information available through your online account or page with those third-party websites, networks, platforms, servers or applications). Moreover, BusinessFAB® Media might permit third parties to use their own tracking, data aggregation and/or data analysis technologies like the ones described above (e.g., third-party cookies).
10. SOCIAL PLUGINS, SOCIAL MEDIA WIDGETS, AND CONNECTING VIA SOCIAL NETWORKS
The Site may include different types of “social plugins” and social media widgets.
BusinessFAB® Media implements security measures to help protect the personal information it collects through the Site. For example, BusinessFAB® Media may encrypt the transmission of information through the Site by using secure socket layer (SSL) technology.
REGARDLESS OF THE FOREGOING, PLEASE OBSERVE THAT “PERFECT” OR “100%” SECURITY DOES NOT EXIST ON THE INTERNET. THEREFORE, YOUR ACCESS AND USE OF THE SITE, AND YOUR OPENING OF ANY COMMUNICATIONS SENT THROUGH OR AS A FUNCTION OF THE SITE, ARE DONE AT YOUR OWN RISK.
To help maintain the security of your personal information, BusinessFAB® Media asks that you please notify it immediately of any unauthorized visit, access or use of the Site, or the loss or unauthorized use of your user access information for the Site (e.g., username or password).
12. RETENTION, REVIEW, AND CHANGE OF INFORMATION COLLECTED.
You may request at any time that BusinessFAB® Media provide you with an opportunity to review and change your personal information collected through the Site, if any, or to no longer use your personal information to provide you with any products or services. Please submit any such request (“Request Concerning Personal Information”) to email@example.com, with a subject line of “Your Personal Information.”
For each Request Concerning Personal Information, please state “Your Personal Information” in the email or letter subject line, and clearly state the following in the body:
a. The nature of your request;
b. That the request is related to “Your Personal Information;”
c. Your name, street address, city, state, zip code and email address; and
d. Whether you prefer to receive a response to your request by mail or email.
BusinessFAB® Media is not responsible for any Request Concerning Personal Information that is incomplete, incorrectly labeled or incorrectly sent. You are solely responsible for the accuracy and content of your personal information, and for keeping your personal information current and correct.
13. ONLINE TRACKING
We do not respond to “do not track” (DNT) signals. We do not track your movements on our site to equip unaffiliated third parties to market similar goods and services to you.
14. RESIDENTS OF OTHER JURISDICTIONS
Additional Information for California Residents and Your California Privacy Rights.
In the preceding 12 months, we collected the following categories of personal information as indicated with a check mark below:
If you are a resident of the State of California and BusinessFAB® Media has an established business relationship with you, then, pursuant to Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code, you have the right to request the following at any time: (a) information from BusinessFAB® Media free of charge regarding the manner in which BusinessFAB® Media shares certain personal information collected through the Site with third parties who use such information for direct marketing purposes; and (b) the discontinuation (or opt-out) of BusinessFAB® Media’s sharing of such information with such third parties. Please submit any such request (“California Privacy Rights Request”) to any one of the following:
• By mail: BusinessFAB® Media, 420 Turkey Creek, Alachua, FL 32615, with a subject line of “Your California Privacy Rights.”
• By email: firstname.lastname@example.org, with a subject line of “Your California Privacy Rights.”
For each California Privacy Rights Request, please state “Your California Privacy Rights” in the email or letter subject line, and clearly state the following in the body:
a. The nature of your request;
b. That the request is related to “Your California Privacy Rights;”
c. Your name, street address, city, state, zip code and email address; and
d. Whether you prefer to receive a response to your request by mail or email.
If you send a California Privacy Rights Request by mail, then please do so by U.S. Certified Mail, Return Receipt Requested to allow for confirmation of mailing, delivery and tracking. The Corporation will not accept a California Privacy Rights Request via telephone or fax. BusinessFAB® Media is not responsible for a California Privacy Rights Request that is incomplete, incorrectly labeled or incorrectly sent. You are solely responsible for the accuracy and content of your personal information, and for keeping your personal information current and correct.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, BUSINESSFAB® MEDIA IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR, AND YOU HEREBY RELEASE BUSINESSFAB® MEDIA FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY WHICH MAY ARISE FROM, SUCH THIRD PARTIES’ UNAUTHORIZED COLLECTION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION.
Nevada law gives Nevada consumers the right to request that a company not sell their personal information for monetary consideration to certain other parties. This right applies even if their personal information is not currently being sold. If you are a Nevada consumer and wish to exercise this right, please state “Your Nevada Privacy Rights” in the email or letter subject line, and clearly state the following in the body:
a. the nature of your request;
b. that the request is related to “Your Nevada Privacy Rights;”
c. your name, street address, city, state, zip code and email address; and
d. whether you prefer to receive a response to your request by mail or email.
We control, operate, and administer the Site and provide our content and services from the United States. Personal information may be accessed by us or transferred to us in the United States. We make no representation that any material on our Site is appropriate or available for use outside of the United States. Illegal access to the Site from territories where their content is illegal is prohibited. You may not use the Site or export any content in violation of U.S. export laws, rules, and regulations. If you access the Site from a location outside the United States, you are responsible for compliance with all applicable laws. Please be aware that your personal information may be transferred to, processed, maintained, and used on computers, services, and systems located outside of your state, province, country, or other governmental jurisdiction where the privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your country of origin. If you are located outside of the United States and choose to use the Site, then you do so at your own risk.
We do not presently offer the content on our Site to citizens or residents of the European Union and we do not want to collect “Personal Data” or “Personal Information” as defined in Regulation (EU) 2016/679 from any resident of the European Economic Area. The European Commission has not determined that the United States ensures an adequate level of protection for personal information. Please do not submit any Personal Data or Personal Information to our through the site if you are a resident of the European Economic Area. If you believe that we have received any Personal Data or Personal Information from any resident of the European Economic Area, please contact us and notify us and request deletion through the process set forth in Section 12 (“Retention, Review, and Change of Information Collected.”).
By providing us with personal information, you consent to the storage or processing of your personal information in the United States and acknowledge that the personal information will be subject to the laws of the United States, including the ability of governments, courts or law enforcement or regulatory agencies of the United States to obtain disclosure of your personal information.
16. MERGERS, ACQUISITIONS, AND OTHER BUSINESS TRANSACTIONS.
BusinessFAB® Media may decide to sell, buy, merge, or otherwise reorganize its business. If that occurs, you will be notified via email or a prominent notice on our website of any ownership change and any changes in the use of your personal information. These types of transactions may involve the disclosure of personal information to prospective or actual purchasers, or receiving it from sellers. BusinessFAB® Media will seek appropriate protection for personal information in these types of transactions.
18. CONTACT US.
19. MODIFICATION DATE.